In agreeing to this charter, you are acknowledging that you shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation, laws and regulations aiming to protect employment practices.
At a minimum standard of best practice, we would expect you to:
- pay workers in line with Living Wage requirements, or at the very least the minimum compensation required by local law and provide all legally mandated benefits and have a plan to address Living Wage requirements.
- pay for overtime, if contractually required, at a rate as is legally required or, in those countries where such laws do not exist, at last equal to their regular hourly payment rate.
- not use wage deductions as a disciplinary measure
- operate safe working practices that include all safety, protective and other measures required by local law
- ensure employees have an environment within which to work that is free from physical, psychological, and verbal harassment, or other abusive conduct
- provide suitable non-working periods during the day to allow workers adequate breaks from regulated / non-regulated tasks
- provide a weekly rest period to all employees
- workers to be afforded equal employment opportunities and treatment through non-discrimination on the grounds of especially ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, personal political or religious beliefs.
- mechanisms to be in place to allow workers to associate freely and communicate openly with management regarding working conditions without fear of harassment, intimidation, penalty, interference or reprisal.
- endeavour to provide a working environment that encourages the employment of people with disabilities (subject to local legislation).
Furthermore, we additionally expect:
For more information on Gama Aviation’s own employment practices, click on one of the links below:
Navigate the section & complete our supply chain charter
Sign up to our charter here
As a trusted partner we believe you have a vital role in helping us become better, and we in turn, can help you achieve the same. This virtuous circle creates strong, sustainable economies, where society at large benefits. Being “Authentic & True”, recognising our dependencies on one another is not easy but we must challenge each other to improve.
As a partner we are asking you to sign-up to our charter such that we may help each other improve the delivery of our social responsibilities. In this respect, the charter represents a minimum standard of best practice that is applied to our business.
Benefits of signing up
- Recognition as an approved Gama Aviation supplier
- Possibility of winning more business from us
- You can apply the same standards to your own suppliers
- Tangible delivery of Social Value through the economy
- The development of sustainable supply chain networks
Do you need more information before signing up?
Simply click on a link below to navigate to a section of our charter to learn more.
Help us to make our supply chain more sustainable