Women in Aviation
Our commitment to Women in Aviation
We are really pleased to be a signatory and advocate of the Women in Aviation and Aerospace Charter. This is an exciting opportunity for us to commit to work with other like-minded companies to build a more fair and balanced industry and is an important step for us in our journey to become more diverse and inclusive.
By signing up to the Charter we are pledging for gender balance across aviation and aerospace, more information and a list of signatories can be found by visiting the Women in Aviation Charter website.
What is the Charter?
- a commitment for organisations to support the progression of women into senior roles in the aviation and aerospace sectors by focusing on the executive pipeline and the mid-tier level;
- a recognition of the diversity of the sector and that organisations will have different starting points – each organisation should therefore set its own targets, where appropriate, and implement the right strategy for their organisation; and
- a requirement for organisations to publicly report on progress to deliver against any internal targets to support the transparency and accountability needed to drive change.
What do signatories commit to by signing the Charter?
- having one member of their senior executive team who is responsible and accountable for gender diversity and inclusion;
- setting internal targets, where appropriate, for gender diversity in senior management;
- publishing progress annually against any targets in reports on their website; and
- having an intention to ensure the pay of the senior executive team is linked to delivery against any internal targets on gender diversity and inclusion.